Be On The Board
Would you like to become more involved in the PTA?
Help shape the programs and events for the coming year?
Learn firsthand what it’s like to run a PTA?
Then come join the PTA Executive Board or chair one of our Standing or Special committees.
There are lots of opportunities for everyone to get involved and make a difference! A flyer will be sent out in the early spring with a list of all positions and their responsibilities. Simply fill out the form indicating your areas of interest, and return it to us. We will make every attempt to accommodate your top choices. The new Board for the coming school year will then be announced in late spring.
For questions or comments, please email our PTA President.
Please see the complete list of positions:
- President - Oversees operation of the PTA and preside at all
- 1st Vice President Membership - Assists the President, manage the membership campaign of enrolling new members, compile/update membership list, awards Lifetime Memberships, maintains and recruits Business Memberships, and presides in the absence of the
- 2nd Vice President Programs - Organizes PTA meetings (programs for meeting, special events, etc.).
- 3rd Vice President Fundraising -Coordinates PTA fundraising events (Spirit Nights, Summer Movies, ).
- 4th Vice President Hospitality - Plans special activities and/or luncheons for WLE faculty and parents during the
- Treasurer - Manages the funds, keeps books of account and records including bank statements, receipts, budgets, invoices, paid receipts and canceled checks for five years, disbursements in accordance to the budget, present financial reports at every meeting, present a full report at the annual meeting, and responsible for the maintenance of all records and bank
- Historian - Act as custodian of all records and materials pertinent to the history of the association and keeps a record of events and activities to be presented as the official history to the general body (PTA Scrapbook).
- Secretary - Records and distributes minutes for all meetings, maintains files of PTA required
- Parliamentarian - Advises the presiding officer on questions of parliamentary procedure and maintains order during meetings. Appointed by the President. A non-voting member.
- Yearbook/Annual – Coordinate, design and prepare the student yearbook for publishing and distribution.
- Composting - Manages the school’s composting program. Serves as a member of the Green team.
- Environment - Coordinates a recycling program, help enhance beautification of WLE and coordinate EPA Serves as a member of the Green team.
- Legislative Action - Keeps local membership aware of pending state legislative action and involves membership in the legislative process.
- Newsletter - Compiles, prints and distributes PTA newsletter, which shall be published at least four (4) times during the school year.
- Room Rep Coordinator – Coordinates activities with all the Room Reps, organizes parties and activities with school personnel.
- Spirit Wear - Plans and coordinates sale of WLE shirts and other items promoting WLE; coordinates students' free t-
- Volunteer Coordinator - Coordinates PTA volunteer activities in the school in cooperation with the school staff and calculate volunteer
- WOLF (Willis Lane Outdoor Learning Facility) - Help schedule volunteers, coordinate work days and serve as a member of the Green Team.
- Website -responsible for updating the Willis Lane Elementary PTA Website and another social media use for
- Arts in Education - Coordinates Reflections contest and another Arts and Music awareness
- Box Tops - Collects and processes General Mills Box tops, Campbell's labels, Tyson, and Coke points turned in by students and faculty; redeems points for school related products.
- Carnival - Coordinate the WLE carnival (securing a committee to organize and oversee carnival events).
- Community Service/Youth Protection - Coordinates and promotes two (2) school wide community service projects; Coordinates Red Ribbon Week (Say No to Drugs).
- Great Books - Coordinates production and publishing of books written by each
- Pony Express- Coordinates volunteers and students to help with in-school mail
- School Supply Packs - Orders, sells, distributes school supply packs at the beginning of the year and organizes school supply packs for the subsequent school year.
- Photographer – Photographs all of the school events and shares photos with the Yearbook and Historian.
- Student Directory - Compile, edit, print and distribute a student directory to the student
- Silent Auction- Coordinate Fall Class Basket Silent Auction (coordinate bids and distribute items to bidders and close of auction) and Spring Silent Auction (recruit donations, track bids and distribute items after auction closes)